How it works
Who can sign up for Crewrr?
- Anyone can sign up for Crewrr. But after sign up to post a crew position, we do an internal verification to make sure you are who you say you are. This is to maintain our quality control. Once verified, you can create your profile. Productions looking to hire crew members can create a profile at any time without needing to be verified.
How much does Crewrr cost to join?
- Anyone can create a profile on Crewrr for free! You can also choose whether you want to run your payment through Crewrr or not. If you want to get paid via Crewrr, we charge a small 5% fee. If you choose to be paid elsewhere, that's fine too! We don't charge anything.
How are Crewrr members verified?
- Once you create your profile, we run an internal verification process to see that you are who you say you are. If things check out, your profile remains active.
If I hire someone on Crewrr, when am I charged?
- Once you book someone on Crewrr, if the provider choses to charge via Crewrr, a hold will be placed on your account for the amount. Once the project is completed, the funds are released to the service provider's account. If the service provider chooses to process payments outside of Crewrr, that is fine as well. You would simply run payments as you normally do.
If I am hired on Crewrr, how am I paid?
- If you choose to make your payment "available upon request", we won't process your payment via Crewrr. You would be paid as you normally would be if hired on a contract basis for any other production. You will speak directly with your booker who will define the payment terms, send any relevant tax forms, etc. If you choose to list your price and manage your availability calendar on Crewrr, you will be given the ability to set your own day rate. You will be able to connect your PayPal and/or Banking details and you will be transferred your payment once the service has been performed.
Once I book or am booked on Crewrr, how does a contract work?
- Crewrr does not provide contracts between the buyer and the crew member and all contracting must be handled independent of Crewrr. We provide the option of processing the payments, but this is just an optional service.
How are taxes managed via Crewrr?
- We simply connect the Crew member to the employer, all taxes liabilities would be handled separate from Crewrr. If you choose to process payment via Crewrr, you would receive a statement at the end of the year from either PayPal or Stripe.
What if I hire someone and they do not show up or the job is not completed?
- With Crewrr, you can book with confidence. We place a hold on your funds upon booking, but the funds are not released to the crew member until you mark the project as completed. If something went wrong, you can always dispute the payment and a Crewrr customer relations specialist will review what happened between you and the crew member and can issue a refund if deemed appropriate. If payment was processed outside of the Crewrr platform, Crewrr does not have any ability to issue refunds.
Can I get hired from international clients?
- Yes! Crewrr is open to the world to use. If there is someone from another country who is coming to your town to film, they have full capability of using Crewrr to locate and hire you.
Who sets my rate?
- You set your own rate as the crew member! There is not any minimum or maximum amount you must be paid, as long as that amount meets or exceeds your local/federal minimum wage requirements.
Can I do half day rates?
- This is up to you. You 100% define your rate with your booker and can work out all the details of that rate with them.
Can I add photos and videos to my bio?
- Yes! Anyone can add photos or videos to their profile! Currently, YouTube videos will be linked and shown in your profile, but we are working on getting Vimeo support as well. Profiles with more photos and examples of relevant work tend to showcase better.
Can I message clients on Crewrr?
- Yes! Once a buyer requests to book you on Crewrr, they will have the ability to send you a message detailing their projects needs. You will be able to communicate directly via Crewrr to sort out all production details.
If I've worked with some other crew members on the site, can I review them to let others know how good they are?
- Yes! We allow members to comment publicly on other users walls. This allows others to get a sense of how the crew member works. If you have been paid directly via Crewrr, then this allows your profile to be labeled as a verified transaction and that transaction can be rated and commented on. This gives future employers greater confidence in hiring you.
What if my buyer wants to hire me for additional days?
- No problem! You define your days, rate, overtime, rental fees, etc with the booker. Just make sure that all fees are defined well in advance of the work date. If you wish to process that payment via Crewrr, make sure that the employer extends their hiring dates with you via the Crewrr website.
Can I offer more than one service on Crewrr?
- Yes! Just create one account and then you are able to list multiple services within that profile. So, for example, under one profile you may have 1 listing for being a gaffer, 1 listing for being a grip, 1 listing for being a Cinematographer, etc.
Can I offer comprehensive services as a production company on Crewrr?
- It is possible. While Crewrr isn't designed specifically for production companies, you can list under 1 profile everything that is included for a 1 day shoot. For example, say you are a one-man-production who offers cinematography, sound, lighting, directing, producing, and much more, describe that in your description and be sure to list your service as "production company".
If I list my specific gear on my profile, will that be searchable?
Yes! If you write in your profile, for example, that you own and operate an Alexa, then each time someone searches for "Alexa" and you meet their search criteria, you will appear in their search results.